Accessorizing it Right: Bedazzle with a Bandage Dress
Posted on 27 January 2016
Trying on a bandage dress is the easiest way out whenever you are stuck in a fashion rut. Not only would the curve-hugging bodice highlight your svelte figure but the blending in of colors would help you rock that risqué element. However, keep in mind that the style trend doesn’t take long to go downhill if you fail to style it with the right attitude and accessories.
Be the sassy girl and style it right!
- The Glimmering Jewels- When you put on a bandage dress you should know instinctively that overwhelming it with a statement neckpiece wouldn’t be a wise choice! Since the men would be busy deciphering how the strands of cloth go around kissing your curves, going the chic route with filigree, chandelier or teardrop earrings might help highlight what they missed. For those who want to be subtle, you can never go wrong with the classic gold or silver bracelet.
- Footwear Fashion- The right footwear adds a new dimension to your bandage dress. Don’t believe us? Try putting on some stilettos in nude shades and watch how they give the impression of elongating your legs. A day look, on the other hand calls for strappy open toed sandals, pumps and even those edgy wedges.
- Bagging the style- If we have learnt something from the stylebook of the celebs, it is that strappy sling bags make you look like a toddler rather than someone to be reckoned with. Wondering where to put that red lipstick in? A clutch forms the perfect symphony with a bandage dress. In a formal affair, you can keep it minimal and austere while a girls’ night out can help you unleash that funky side with a sequined clutch.
- Made up Or Real?- With a bandage dress, you are always traipsing the thin line between being sexy or going over the top. And believe us when we say that your makeup can make or break your look this once! Just because you are heading for a party, you needn’t overdo it. With a dash of foundation, a stroke of liner and your lips painted in a red hue you will be good to go. Though if you do want to look over the top for that special occasion, try spending some time going through the YouTube makeup tutorials to master the art of highlighting and contouring before you slip into the bandage dress.
- Going Undercover- Neutral-coloured seamless panties and adhesive silicon bra cups are extremely essential and highly recommended. Your bestie the bandage dress can turn your worst nightmare if you make the fatal error of choosing the wrong kind of underwear to go with it!